Sunday, August 26, 2012

Guess Who Got Shiny New Trainers Today?

This girl :)

Look how pretty they are!

Can you tell I'm excited? I love new stuff. It's T minus 3 days till the big bike trip and I went out with my parents today to receive my late birthday present from them. We've been running around town trying to gather up all the essentials for the trip. It's been a bit stressful because I have to have all my stuff packed to take back to Kalamazoo for school and stuff packed to take on the trip. 

We went to Running Fit, a great local store that stocks up on anything you would need as a runner, today to buy shoes. I've had my old trainers for about 4 years now, and many miles, so it was definitely time for a new pair. My old shoes were Nike (I don't know what style) and the new ones are the Brooks Launch. The Brooks are so much lighter than the Nike's which I can already tell will make a major difference. Since I don't have clip-ins on my bike I will just be wearing these babies the whole trip (unless it rains or is muddy, then I have my old ones as back up). 

My old Nike's

The people at Running Fit were super nice and helpful today. They watch you walk around to check for any pronation, then just start grabbing shoes for you. I tried on about 4 or 5 pairs, some were too wide, others just didn't fit the shape of my feet correctly, but these were the first ones she picked out and they ended up being my favorite, The awesome colors are not a bad bonus either (even though you can't really tell how bright they are in that photo). Since I have two very different sized feet (and it's really hard to find shoes) I was really happy these seem to work for both. The people there also taught me how to tie the laces up on my smaller (right) foot so that the heal stays a bit more snug (like I said super helpful). 

A better photo of the actual shoe (with my insert already chillin in the right)

I went for a nice walk in them tonight to sort of work on breaking them in. I'll let you know how I feel about these after a bit of wear. Peace out till next time

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment