Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 Days

In 5 days... on Thursday night July 14th (or very early Friday morning July 15th) at exactly 12:02 am, I will be sitting in a most likely packed theater full of emotion watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. This film will be the last one of the Harry Potter series, marking the end of a huge and wonderful era that lead by Jo Rowling touched millions of people.

I haven't blogged in a while so I missed talking on Thursday about the premiere. If you did or didn't know, the world premiere of HP7p2 was on Thursday and was aired in 3D around England in theaters and live streamed on YouTube. I was lucky enough to tune in for about 45 minutes on that morning and then I unfortunately had to tear myself away to go to work. I was quite bummed that I was missing this big moment but was thrilled when I got back to my computer 4 hours later to find it had stopped and saved from where I was. Still, I missed some of the later part when the main stars spoke, which I'm trying to hopefully find somewhere online. The coverage started at 11 a.m. ET, and I was so glad I got to see Rupert arrive. It was very special to watch them all in this moment.... people that me and my friends basically grew up with and are the same age as. I definitely cried in the realization that this was the last time we'd be seeing the "Big 7" and all the others together. Harry Potter has influenced and changed so many people's lives and will hopefully never stop.

Here's just a few tumblr finds that I'll share...

They could not have casts 3 better people for these characters. They will surely go on to do even more amazing things.

The "Big 7"... Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and Draco.

erinastray:

heart. breaking.
Oh how time has passed.

tears... so many tears

mionewazlib:

LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL MY OTP IS.
HOW CAN YOU NOT SHIP THEM AFTER THAT?! I’M SO PROUD OF THIS SHIP. ;___;
Their relationship! Please be cuter.

This is by far my favorite edit because their speech is on it. :’) I want one with their whole speech though.

and one last one....
-jamessirius:

Rupert Grint at DHP2 London Premiere

OMG OMG OMG HNNNNNNNNNG

Yup... for the last 10 years Rupert/Ron has always been my #1 ginger crush. I love red heads.

Can't wait for 5 more days, this week is going to be so busy for me. I feel like I have so much to do in such a little amount of time. Also 8 days till MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment