Friday, November 20, 2015

November Essentials


Hat: This felt hat from Gap was a Christmas gift from several seasons ago. It's the perfect way to jazz up a dull November ensemble and I love the hunter green color. Find similar hats here.

Boots: You can't go wrong with a pair of booties in November. Mine are Lucky Brand.

Sweater: I found this sweater at a second hand shop in Kalamazoo a few years ago. The fact that it was originally a guy's sweater makes it comfortably oversized. The style isn't exactly perfect but it's great for days I just want to stay home and be warm (which is most days).

Dirty Chai Tea: I love dirty chai lattes so when I saw that Celestial Seasonings came out with new Dirty Chai Tea bags I knew had to try them out. It's not much of a surprise that they're amazing. I'm obsessed, much easier than making the espresso separately and certainly less expensive.

Fingerless Gloves: November has been unusually warm for Northern Michigan (well until yesterday) so my favorite pair of fingerless gloves have worked flawlessly this month. If you live where it's chilly but not too cold these are definitely a necessity.

Poetry: I'm currently reading "You Get So Alone At Times It Just Makes Sense" by Charles Bukowski. I enjoy reading poetry in the colder months and Bukowski is always good when you're feeling angsty.

Lip Balm: I have a confession; I lick my lips too often (as in all the time) so my lips are constantly chapped in the winter. Since chapped lips are never in style I always rely on my favorite Burt's Bee Mango lip balm.

Hand Lotion: Similarly to lip balm, another late fall/winter necessity is Aveda's Hand Relief moisturizing lotion.

What are some of your November essentials?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment