Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Art, Clothes, and A Job!

So it's May which is great, but I want it to be warmer already. I guess I should appreciate this weather while it's here because I'm sure come summer I'll be complaining that it's too hot. Why is it that we're never satisfied with what we have?

On another (exciting) note, I finally nabbed myself a job. It's just a part time thing, but the hours are set which works out great. I figure I can enjoy some off time for now and then in a few months start looking for a second job. Hopefully I can manage this time wisely and start painting again. I miss pouring myself a glass of wine, cranking up some good music, and getting a little messy with the paint.


Besides getting used to the job requirements, I've been having a difficult time figuring out what I should wear to work and what sort of snacks to bring. That sounds random but it seems like two important parts of setting myself up for a good future. I definitely need to bring snacks for all three days I'm there, but I don't want to be the person who always ends up getting chocolate bars from the vending machine. My goal is to bring healthy snacks to satisfy cravings and keep my metabolism going. I never know how people go a full six hours or more without food.

The wardrobe aspect has been a little bit harder to figure out. I've always strived to find my style within the confines of the given situation or job. The place I'm working is business casual but they seem to be on the more casual side. I bought a few new pairs of pants and can't wait to mix and match with pieces I already own, as well as continue to develop my wardrobe. My goal is to find pieces that will work for this job but can also be useful for any other job direction I take. Hopefully I remember to start posting some more outfits on here!

Also can I just say how badly I want these keds.


I might have to order me a pair.

-S

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, this fit my daughter perfectly, arrived in 2 days, did not smell, and was slightly wrinkled which I don't care anyways. Just some steam and it was good to go.

    ReplyDelete