Friday, February 21, 2014

Obsessed

Do you ever hear a song and then become completely obsessed with it? I mean can't stop listening to it even if you wanted to, stuck in your head for days, have to hear it just one more time before you leave the house. This happens to me all the time. Even if it's a song I've heard before, I'll still get in moods where I have to listen to it again.

Clementine by Sarah Jaffe. This song was played in a movie I watched the other night (Life Happens) and ever since then it's been stuck. I know I've heard it before but for some reason I can't get enough of it right now.

Adore You by Miley Cyrus. Say what you want about Miley but this is actually a pretty great song.

Lately by Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen. I think I've loved every song from these two, their voices sound incredible together. Nashville has been so good lately, but I just want Scarlett and Gunner to get back together.

I don't know what it is about these songs that make them special. I think it's typically the combination between lyrics and the type of mood I'm in. Usually after a week or so of constantly listening to the song over and over again I make myself sick of it. As much as we complain about the radio overplaying songs, I think it's a common mistake we all make. The joy of not listening to the radio often is that once you are sick of a song you have the option to not listen to it for a while.

Are you currently obsessed with any songs?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment