1. Buy yourself flowers or chocolate. You could even splurge on whatever it is that you've been wanting for the past month. Maybe you've been dying for a massage or have been resisting the urge to buy a beautiful dress. Whatever it is, now's the time to pamper yourself.
I absolutely love this dress from Alice and Olivia.
2. Tell yourself that "you are beautiful." Stand in front of a mirror and repeat the affirmation a few times.
3. Crank up some music and throw yourself a dance party. Play the songs that make you feel happy and hopeful.
4. Do something you love. Bake, read, make art, take a yoga class. However it is you like to spend your time, make sure you fit it into your schedule on Valentine's Day.
This Raspberry Cobbler with Dark Chocolate Biscuits is making my mouth water.
5. Schedule a friend date. Make plans with your single friends to have drinks, go to the movies, or have a girls night in. Get dressed up and go out or rent some chick flicks, either way surrounding yourself with friends is a good way to remember that you're not alone.
I found this recipe on Style Within Reach and it sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day cocktail.
6. Just spend the night relaxing. If you prefer to spend the night alone, pour yourself a glass of wine and run a bubble bath.
However you choose to spend your Valentine's Day, remember there are people who love you. Even if you don't have a significant other to spend the day with this year, you'll find that special person soon enough! Keep a smile on your face and don't let the day bring you down!
How do you plan on spending Valentine's Day?