Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Cheer

So I'm home (been home since Thursday night) and this weekend was marvelous. I got to see a very large portion of my family and I love the holidays.

We had the Kloosterman Christmas Saturday, which basically involves way too much food and a whole lotta people.... oh, and of course some presents. I'm so grateful I can spend time with the people I love, with a full belly and the cozy comforts of home. These are luxuries my family is lucky enough to have this holiday season, unlike too many others.

Today involved watching my grandmother play piano and organ :) She is wonderful and it always makes me wish I had learned as a child. I had so many friends who were forced to take lessons. The rest of the day included more time with the family and finishing up reading "The Help." Seriously, if you haven't read this book yet I would definitely recommend adding it to your book list.

I am going to say something ambitious right now: as of now, my goal is to read 50 books during the 2012 year. Maybe that doesn't sound like a whole lot to some people, but to me it's quite a stretch. I have college classes, hopefully I will have a job next semester, and I don't think I have ever read even one book a month let alone 4. I think I'm going to revise my book list of ones to choose from. I'm always coming up with more books I want to read, but I have so many books on my shelves already that I still have yet to crack open. I feel so behind in the book market now.


No comments:

Post a Comment