Thursday, January 26, 2017

Style Inspiration: A Blend of Vintage and Modern



My style has always been vintage inspired; so when I was seeking inspiration for my wardrobe this winter I wasn't surprised to find myself leaning on the past. Whether it's 1920's style hats and coats from the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie, or rich colors and plaid accents from the Outlander series, I'm constantly marveling at the lines and textures of vintage clothing. If you really think about it, all fashion is based on the past. Much like any aspect of the world today, it's all just a variation on what's been done before. The more modern outfits I've been inspired by lately all have nods to the past, whether it's wide leg pants, wool coats, full eyebrows, thick sweaters or mom jeans. Certain styles will remain in our lives forever.

Most importantly, what I'm really inspired by is the type of women wearing these garments, whether they're real or fictional. I'm inspired by strong women who can look feminine while also sticking up for themselves. Women who look put together. Women who are able to remain a bit of a mystery, and women who exude a sense of confidence. It's my goal in life to be one of these women. To be fearless and independent in my personal style and my life.

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment