Thursday, January 29, 2015

Music I've Been Loving Lately 2

2015 has welcomed album announcements from some of my favorite bands. So far The Decemberists and The Lone Bellow have exceeded my high expectations. Although I'd recommend listened to their entire albums, since every song is worth sharing, I thought I'd try to choose favorites that maybe you haven't heard yet. The other songs on the list have all been stuck in my head at one point or another this past month.

The Lake by The Decemberists

Watch Over Us by The Lone Bellow

Elastic Heart by Sia (I think a lot of people have found this video weird, but I absolutely love it.)

Von by Sigur Ros (Not new but definitely a top contender this month. It's been the perfect song to fit my mood lately.)

Earned It by The Weeknd (Yeah this is from 50 Shades of Grey. The soundtrack for the movie has begun to look like another Twilight style gold nugget in what might possibly be a horrendous film, but we shall see. I've always really liked The Weeknd's musical style and this song immediately jumped out at me. It's sexy and it knows it.)

What have been your musical obsessions lately?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment