Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A few more movies and books and such

Slowly adding to the 365 movie list.... obviously I'm falling behind. What am I at like 7 now? and it's already been 31 days in 2012. Whoops. And that's 7 including the two that I'm adding right now.

Number 6 is the Royal Tenenbaums: January 30th, 4 out of 5 stars, I watched the large majority of this movie including the ending but missed about 20 minutes (including commercial time) somewhere in the middle while I was doing something for my great grandma who I was spending time with this weekend. I feel like I would have enjoyed it more had I actually gotten to see the whole part with Richie.... did he get sick? I came back to the part where he had shaved his head and had all these IV's sticking out of him and was in the little tent thing with Margot, which I thought was totally crazy when they were kissing at first because I forgot she was adopted or whatever, but still... it was weird. Other than that I liked all the characters and the storyline of the movie.

Movie number 7 was the Ides of March: January 31st, 5 out of 5 stars. I don't know why I even rented this movie because I really had no real desire to watch it at first. I hadn't heard a whole lot about the movie other than the actors that were in it and I knew had something to do with politics. I was in Meijer with my friend Nicole tonight when I stopped by the RedBox hoping to rent the Beginners, but they didn't have it, so I took a chance. I'm so glad i rented this movie because I thought it was amazing, intense, with great acting and great directing. The story was dark and twisted in a way only politics could spew, which is always intriguing besides the fact that the cast for this film is absolutely amazing.

I also finished Safe Haven, bringing up my total for books completed in 2012 to two.... Water for Elephants, and Safe Haven. I recently started Catcher in the Rye, which I somehow skipped-over in grade school, kind of like To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm also still reading Jane Eyre on my phone, which I'm really enjoying at the moment. After our next book club meeting I'll start Extremely Loud and Incredible Close which I'm super excited about seeing as I personally requested in for us to read. Too many books and so little time! I wish I could just read books for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment