Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Week In Links

Last week involved a lot of John Green excitements. First of all my P4A version of The Fault In Our Stars arrived on my doorstep! Then I broke down and decided to buy the 10th anniversary edition of Looking for Alaska from my local bookstore. When it first came out I told myself I wasn't going to spend the money on a book I already owned, but it's my favorite John Green book so it happened anyway (whoops).


Finally the Paper Towns movie trailer was released last Thursday. (Can we acknowledge that Nat Wolff should star in every film adaptation of John Green's books? I swear he could fit as Miles, Colin, and Will. Okay that would be a bit overboard, but in my mind it works.)

I've had a mini obsession with Mariah Carey's Always Be My Baby lately. I was listening to a bunch of 90's music the other day and just couldn't stop replaying that one. What a classic.

Another favorite recently is Work This Body by Walk The Moon. Mostly because it makes me want to crazy dance whenever it comes on.


I found my new favorite spring outfit inspiration on Pinterest. I love the mixed patterns on the classic style. Wish I looked that effortlessly stylish while riding a bike (or doing anything really).

I've been all about the florals lately. I don't know where it came from since I've never been a flower person. The other day I told my mom I wanted to get some flowers for my room and she just laughed. I always thought they were silly and useless, a complete waste of money, but minds change and that's okay.


Even this wall paper sparked my interest.

I want this to be my future living room; just look at all the books! The room has a lot of color without looking too cluttered, although I would use less pillows and lose the peacock. Plus the big windows help the full space look light and airy. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

This interview/discussion was so good! I could listen to these ladies talk all day. What interesting conversations one could have with these women; I never wanted the video to end. I really admire how they all support and lift each other up. Kind words and kind hearts.

Speaking of admirable women, check out these totally awesome illustrated quotes on feminism from The Nib.


March is Women's History Month, and although it may be coming to a close it's never too late to catch up on amazing women in history and today. The ever inspiring Amy Poehler's Smart Girls has highlighted a few of their favorite women in history, such as Mildred Norman and Anne Frank. They even have inspirational coloring pages you can print off (how cool)!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment