Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winter Sunday Adventure


On Sunday my family drove out to Empire and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore area because we had heard the ice caves from last year were back. Unfortunately once we got out there we learned there were no ice caves yet this year (major bummer). The temperatures were below zero, the wind was blowing hard and snow was coming down, but we decided to drive around and explore a little anyways. Might as well enjoy the area while we were there.




My dad, brother, and I all went out on the ice at Empire. The snow was deep but climbing down onto the ice was a slipper task. Surprisingly none of us ended up on our butts during the process. After a few minutes I was getting cold and worried that my pant legs were getting wet, so I headed back to the car. My dad and brother both had snow pants on so they explored a few minutes longer.






Even though it was cold and windy we still had a lot of fun exploring. I don't think I've ever been out to the National Park in the winter (or if I have it's been a long time).







I love this picture of my parents. We were walking back and they reached out to grab each other's mittens. I'd image holding hands with mittens on isn't the easiest, but they're pretty dedicated hand holders. Aren't they adorable?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment