Thursday, February 19, 2015

Musical Therapy

It's been freezing lately and for some reason that's put me in a Keaton Henson mood. His soft, slowly drifting melodies can be played in the background or soaked up on their own for a full emotional experience. I hadn't listened to Henson in a while when I came across his song "Sarah Minor" on my Tumblr dashboard this morning. That spiraled into several hours of Henson background music as I got ready for the day. His music is the perfect combination of feeling and soothing, it's like the exact equation for musical therapy.

So in case you're like me and you need a little soothing on these harsh winter days, I thought I'd share some of my favorites. Starting with Henson's Tiny Desk Concert featuring three of his amazing songs off the album Birthdays, "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are," "Sweetheart What Have You Done To Us," and "You."


La Naissance ft. Ren Ford is a song off Henson's album Romantic Works. The album has been added to the long list of music that proves songs do not require words in order to make you truly feel something. I had a really hard time just choosing one song from this entire album, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out.


And lastly, the song "Sarah Minor" from the album Dear.
"Young love I feel you know me better than most. In spite of real distance we'll always be close."


-S

No comments:

Post a Comment