Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Memorable Day


Today was supposed to be a day of work.
Instead it was a day of family.
Of remembrance.
Of holiday cheer.

Today, despite monetary loses,
I gained something valuable.
I helped put up a Christmas tree.
I watched a blanket of white descend from the sky
While perched on a soft seat in a warm house.

Today, when I finally left that house,
I faced the wind and the cold
With a hat and a scarf.
I ate a late lunch with the people I love.
With the people that keep me warm.

Today was full of Doctor Who,
And mac and cheese balls,
And oversized containers of hard cider,
And delicious peppermint cookies mailed from a friend.

Today was pretty ordinary.
It was nothing extravagant.
But today was a day of good things
Which made today a memorable day.


I hope all your days are memorable ones.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment