Monday, November 11, 2013

A Day In Pictures (and words)

I woke up this morning to snow. Yes snow is beautiful and wonderful during the holiday season, but I'm not excited for slippery roads and shoveling in the cold for the next five months.


After breakfast I finally decided to get ready to go downtown. I need to find a dress for a friend's upcoming wedding and wanted to get a jump start on some Christmas shopping. 


Even after bundling up, I was freezing during my walk. It might be time to start driving places again (sad face). I think I was meant to live in a warmer climate.


I found this sweater while thrift shopping over the summer (no regrets there); it's super comfy and fits perfectly. Paired with my new denim leggings (I hate the word jeggings) from American Eagle, as well as some trusty SmartWool socks. Topped off with my favorite H&M hat (that I've had since high school) and the new J. Crew Outlet scarf.

After throwing on a jacket and boots I took the trail along the water (chilly but still breathtaking). There was also considerably less amount of snow here, but by this time the sun was starting to peak through the clouds and the snow was starting to melt.



After coffee and a very unsuccessful shopping adventure, I came home to warm up. The day was wrapped up with a nice dinner with the family and a trip to Home Depot to look at paint colors. I'm thinking blue and/or grey (the picture really doesn't show off the colors well).


Hope everyone else had a nice day. Time for some sleep!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment