Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It Might Sound Pathetic Comparatively...

But to me it's a big deal. I ran for a straight 5 minutes tonight, meaning straight half a mile. It felt good too!

I didn't plan on going to the gym tonight, but I couldn't focus on hw and I didn't know how else to clear my mind. I'm hoping it stays clear, although I doubt it. I kind of feel like my brain's been taking a trip on the TARDIS lately.

Anyway... I miss running like that and I definitely want to do it again soon. Hopefully I can build up some mileage again. I only went for 1.3 miles or so, 20 minutes. A short and sweet (or should I say sweaty) homework break.

So I guess here's the mile breakdown:

  • walk 3 minutes
  • run 5 minutes
  • walk 2 minutes
  • run 1 minute
  • walk 2 minutes
  • run 1 minute (finished the mile here)
  • walk 6 minutes
I've been on a roll with this and I'm not gonna let it stop anytime soon. I just keep hoping my knees and shins will stay pain free... although I am definitely feeling a bit of tension in my right shin (the one that always gets hurt). Definitely need to rest it tomorrow and make sure I build up strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment