Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recent Purchases

Over the past week or two I've bought a few new items from places around town. Yesterday, I was able to get together with my friend Gabby, who is in town for a family reunion, for some girl time and shopping adventures.


 Let's start off with yesterday mornings trip to the local health foods grocery store, Oryanas. Among other things, I picked up some Granola So Good! in the cookie dough flavor. The granola is made locally and as the package says is gluten free, vegan, and oh so delicious. It tastes great on it's own or on top of yogurt (which is what I am currently enjoying).


In the afternoon Gabby picked me up and we went on our merry way to Target. Target is kind of the greatest place to spend time. It's so easy to get lost in those beauty aisles. I picked up some Yes to Cucumber Facial Cleansing Wipes and a small can of L'Oreal's Elnett Satin Hairspray. I haven't tried either of these products before so I figured I would pick up the travel sized packages of each before really committing to the product. I also tried on this dress that fit perfectly except the belt was like 3 sizes too small. I could barely get the thing buckled and nothing made sense about it. It looked fine on the rack... maybe someone switched the belt out? or Target has no idea how to proportion their belt sizes to their dress sizes? Who knows.



Next we stopped downtown TC for coffee at Cuppa Joe and some continued shopping. I picked this awesome Star Wars moleskin journal up from Brilliant Books. The nerd in me could not resist buying this, it's just so lovely.


Plus Brilliant Books has the greatest bags. Eat. Sleep. Read. That's basically my life at the moment.


This next purchase happened last week. My mom got me a few coupon/giftcard things to Venus (a local makeup store) around my birthday, and I decided it was time to use them up. I was in desperate need of some more bareMinerals Mineral Veil, so that was first thing on my list. The other two items I bought were a bottle of Philosophy 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath in Mimosa and bareMinerals Stroke of Light eye concealer and highlight. I love going into Venus (or in any shop downtown) because everyone is always so helpful and friendly there.



I can't wait to try all of the new products. Let me know if you have used any of the products on the list and what you think of them. I'm off to yoga later with Gabby and then probably some family time.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment