Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Fun" Run

So we're closing down on a nice week and a half before the 10K.... I finally dragged my butt out for a run, and not just a little I'll run/walk for a bit until I just feel like turning back, but a 4 mile kind of thing :)

Sam called me yesterday while I was chowing down on my lunch of left over pizza and yummy melon, to ask if I wanted to go for a run with her. Of course I wanted to say "no, I'm good," but finally decided I had to push and see at least how long this race will take me to complete. I really have no great time expectation for myself because all I want to accomplish is getting through the whole 6 miles. My big goal is to just run the full first mile. I ran .45 miles tonight before I stopped for the first time, I was really angry at myself for not pushing a little further because I was at least hoping for half of a mile. And don't get me wrong I walked a good majority of this, but I tried to push myself. I definitely think Insanity has helped me with my stamina. Sam ran a whole extra mile by herself while I stayed and stretched out at a bench/drinking fountain area. So it ended up taking us about 55 or so minutes to do the four miles (personally I don't think it's that bad of a time.

Unfortunately while busting my butt yesterday on the trail, I got some lovely blisters all over my feet....sad face. This is why I miss dancing, calluses are your best friend. I just didn't realize how lame my feet have become in such a short period of time. When I hopped out of bed this morning I could hardly walk because my body just hurts. I was not excited last night to do Insanity at 10 pm after such a workout earlier in the day. I seriously cried a little in the middle of it...

Now I'm just debating on whether I really have to go to this morning class every day or if I can get away with skipping a few (seeing as it's only four weeks I'm assuming that will be a bad idea, but I really don't want to). I woke up today barely able to open my eyes and realized it was only Wednesday....I was really hoping it was Thursday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment